Monday, April 18, 2011

What Kloppenburg should do, but probably wont

I'm very happy that Prosser beat Kloppenburg. If she weren't such a scum-bag (BS child-molestation attack ad, leftist results-oriented individual who ran for the Court in the hopes that she could abuse the position to force her personal beliefs on everyone else), I'd feel sorry for her.

But I don't, and won't.

However, I do think she should file for a recount, in, and only in, Waukesha County. Were I her, I would say something like the following:

We had a close election, but 7,300 votes is not going to be changed by a recount. However, the very late reporting of votes from Waukesha County has put this election under a cloud. It is to the benefit of everyone in Wisconsin for that could to be removed. So I am filing for a full hand recount, starting in Waukesha County. If it turns out that the current Waukesha County results are correct, then I will congratulate Judge Prosser on his victory, and withdraw the rest of my recount request. But if some or all of that 7,500 vote swing disappears in the recount, I will push for the rest of the state to be recounted, too.

Recounting a single, relatively small, county won't be that expensive for the state. Establishing that the 14,000 votes that put Prosser over the top are real, valid, votes, OTOH, would do wonders for the political process.

Since Kloppenburg is on the side of those who want to burn it down, there's no chance that she'll do this.

But she should.

No comments:

Post a Comment